To assist Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) to comply with the EU Large Combustion Plants Directive 2001/80/EC (LCPD), the USAID Energy Investment Activity (USAID EIA) has, since September 2014, together with the competent institutions and Elektroprivredas, successfully achieved the following activities:
- The Working Groups for Elektroprivreda BiH (EPBiH) and Elektroprivreda RS (ERS) were formed
- The LCP Inventory for plants under the LCPD was completed
- The Report on Best Available Technologies (BAT) was completed
- An Analysis of BiH legal and regulatory compliance with the LCPD, Industrial Emission Directive (IED) and the Decisions of the Ministerial Council of the Energy Community was completed
- An Analysis of implementation measures cost was completed
- Assistance to Working Groups in production of Emission Reduction Plans (ERP) for individual operators (EPBiH, ERS and Industrial Power Plants) was provided
- Assistance to MOFTER Working Groups was provided in drafting the National Emission Reduction Plan (NERP), which was submitted to the Energy Community on December 31, 2015, (after it was approved by the competent entity and state institutions).
The USAID Energy Investment Activity project is currently working with the competent institutions to establish the NERP implementation reporting system to the Energy Community.