Gas comes to our country from Russia through several thousand kilometers of gas pipelines passing through Ukraine, Hungary and Serbia. Currently, there is only one point of entry into Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the place called Šepak near Zvornik. The length of the entire transport system in BiH is 243 km, while the total annual consumption of natural gas in the territory of BiH is 185 ktoe.
The activity of transportation of the natural gas through the BiH transmission system is performed by the following companies:
• BH-Gas d.o.o. Sarajevo,
• Sarajevogas a.d. Istočno Sarajevo and
• Gas promet a.d. Istočno Sarajevo.
The activities of distribution and gas supply through the distribution network are performed by the following companies:
• Sarajevo-gas d.o.o. Sarajevo,
• JP Visoko ekoenergija d.o.o. Visoko,
• Sarajevo-gas a.d. Istočno Sarajevo,
• Zvornik stan a.d. Zvornik,
• CNG Energy d.o.o. Banja Luka,
• Prvo gasno društvo d.o.o. Zvornik,
• Bijeljina gas d.o.o. Bijeljina,
• Gas RES d.o.o. Banja Luka,
• Energy prime RS d.o.o. Trebinje and
• Alumina d.o.o. Zvornik.