The Second Energy summit focused on a number of important issues, such as the future energy path of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the challenges of the implementation of a strategic framework for energy efficiency and renewable energy. The summit also discussed technical issues of the investment permitting regime in the electricity sector and the electricity retail market in BiH.
“The energy sector in BiH has huge potential to double production and create new jobs”- said the BiH USAID Mission Director Peter Duffy at the opening of the Second Energy Summit in BiH in Neum.
This year the Summit was officially opened by Minister Mirko Sarovic, Minister Nermin Dzindic, Minister Petar Djokic and the Director of the Energy Community Secretariat Janez Kopac. More than 320 participants attended interesting panel discussions, excellent presentations and interactive workshops. The Second Energy Summit gathered partners from local companies, State and Entity ministries, municipalities, power utility companies, chambers of commerce, SMEs, the non-governmental sector, representatives of the energy sector, parliaments, universities and other relevant international organizations and donors.
The Second Energy Summit was organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations (MOFTER), State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC), Regulatory Commission for Energy in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FERC), Regulatory Commission for Energy of Republika Srpska (RSERC).
- Mirsad Sabanovic – ASA Holding – Opening of the retail electricity market in BiH
- Mustafa Copelj – BEEP
- Mladen Ninkovic – Ekofond RS
- Elma Kapetanovic – Fond ZZO FBiH
- Berina Delalic – GIZ – MVP
- Corina Klessmann – GIZ – Support Schemes RES
- Esad Smajlovic – GIZ
- Goran Krstovic – GIZ
- Minela Pita – MOFTER – Structure of Energy Efficiency Sector in BiH
- Sladjana Bozic – MOFTER – Status of Development and Implementation of AP’s
- Bozidar Radovic – USAID EIA – Balancing Mechanism and Ancillary Services in BiH
- Elmira Pasagic – USAID EIA – Draft Report on Permitting Regime
- Jan Rosenow – USAID EIA – EE Directive and EEO schemes
- Jane Wilson – USAID EIA – International Best Practice in Energy Infrastructure Permitting
- Mak Kamenica – USAID EIA – EEO Model for BiH
- Ognjen Markovic – USAID EIA – WEST BALKAN 6 Initiative
- Sanela Klaric – Green Council
- Fahrudin Kulic – USAID EIA Biomass CHP Technologies
- Dvokut Prezentacija – Green Energy Park Livno